PDA

View Full Version : Max E-Mails error message

wolfpackmars2
12-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Starting today, I've been receiving the following message when I try to send myself an e-mail from my work to my BH e-mail:

(BEGIN)
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

steve@idatasys.net
":fail: Domain midatasys.com has exceeded the max emails per hour (500) allowed. Message discarded."

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------
------ The body of the message is 697408 characters long; only the first
------ 106496 or so are included here.

Return-path: <steven.groesz@whiteman.af.mil>
Received: from midatasy by box29.bluehost.com with local-bsmtp (Exim 4.68)
(envelope-from <steven.groesz@whiteman.af.mil>)
id 1IzcA3-0002MM-Rt
for steve@idatasys.net; Tue, 04 Dec 2007 11:06:24 -0700
(Continues...)

I have tried twice today, once @ 9am and again at 11am and have received this message both times. I'm concerned that someone or something may be sending spam to my mailbox and causing me to reach this limit. The problem is, my personal e-mail isn't very important, but I am expecting a business related e-mail from a customer sometime today. Someone sending spam to me is beyond my control. I have a yahoo.com account that I use when I am concerned that passing my e-mail address out may solicit spam... thus, my valid e-mail accounts through BH should receive very limited spam, and I haven't received any spam that I'm aware of from my BH accounts, that at least I couldn't have myself removed from the Spammer's list.

What can I do to get rid of this problem. If someone is spamming me, I definitely don't want to just let it all in, either. I would like to find a way to find who or what is hitting my accounts like this and find a way to make them stop.

Thank you.

felgall
12-04-2007, 11:29 AM
BlueHost limit the number of outgoing messages from our accounts. They don't limit the number of incoming messages.

janep
12-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Hello,

I'm receiving the same messages. I sent email this morning, about an hour later I tried to send an email and received an Administration Prohibition message. So I went to my yahoo account and sent a test message to my BH account and received a failed message just the same as was posted above.

There is something wrong at BH. There is no possible way that many messages were sent or received by my BH account in an hour.

I sent a help ticket. Maybe someone is looking at this and working on it.

Early Out
12-04-2007, 12:05 PM
For immediate problems like this, don't waste your time putting in a help ticket - it could be a few days before you get a response. Use Live Chat - big blue button on the main bluehost.com page.

janep
12-04-2007, 12:32 PM
thanks, i did the live chat, they are aware of the problems and are working on it.

Early Out
12-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Just chatted with BH Live Chat, and they believe the email problems have been cured. However, some messages sent during the time when things weren't working may not have gone through. If you got a bounce message, at least you know they didn't make it out, but I sent some test messages that simply vanished into the ether, gone without a trace. So, you might want to re-send any messages you sent earlier this afternoon.

Edit - One of my earlier email tests finally showed up, so it would appear that some queues of outgoing email are still clearing.

Second edit - an hour later, the last of my test messages magically appeared, so there may not have been any lost messages. With luck, they were all just lined up on the taxiway, waiting for ATC clearance!