PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Add New Wordpress Themes With Auto-Install?

KieranJ
07-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi guys,

I have a quick question about adding wordpress themes to my new blog hosted on bluehost. I installed wordpress using the bluehost auto-install feature because I wasn't able to get wordpress to install manually. This worked great for getting my new blog up and running, but now I want to change the theme.

I've downloaded and unzipped a theme I like, but I'm not sure how to go about installing it. I know I'm supposed to upload it to the wp-content directory using ftp (which I did), and it should show up as a selection under my blog's admin/design panel, but when I try this, nothing happens. The file is there in my ftp directory, but I just see the same default wp themes.

Is there a different method for installing new wp themes when you run the wp automatic install as opposed to doing it manually or am I missing a step?

Thanks in advance for your help!

KieranJ
07-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Woot! I figured it out!

I didn't know the public_html folder was where the wordpress installation resides (i was looking in the root ftp folder). Once I looked there, I uploaded the theme to the content-wp folder and now it shows up as a selectable theme.

Hoooray!!

redsox9
07-07-2008, 01:21 PM
The best answers are the ones you find yourself. :D