PDA

View Full Version : Contact Support by Phone

Maurizio
03-08-2009, 08:07 AM
This may be a stupid question, but I think that can be not just my problem.
I use Skype to make my international calls, I am in Brasil at the moment, and I have also a VOIP phone but if I call BlueHost, I get stuck with the recorded messages giving me the options and none of my strokes are recognized, therefore ... end of the story.
It is hard to believe that can not be an option for somebody that for some reason can not use or have access to a dial tone.
I presented this question to the support, through the chat line, and basically the answer has been that the system is set in that way, next question? ...
I have been with Blue Host since 2000, never had problems and always had a wonderful service ... but now ...
Therefore I am looking for answers.
Thanks.

Early Out
03-08-2009, 08:25 AM
When it asks you to punch a number for one of the options, what happens if you just wait? Most phone menu systems will wait, then connect you with a human.

But there's another solution: when you can't phone, use Live Chat.

wysiwyg
03-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Depends on your version of skype.

In the latest version there's a little arrow next to the volume control that toggles the "dial pad", which lets you punch in the numbers.

In some of the older versions you could just type the numbers directly with the numpad.

Maurizio
03-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks, that's something that I have missed from Skype!