PDA

View Full Version : Server error 500?

Unconscious
07-13-2009, 05:51 PM
I contacted live support about this issue, but they were stumped and wasn't sure what to do about it!

I haven't changed any files at all on my FTP since this error starting occurring, and as far as I am aware, absolutely nothing has changed on my end.

All of a sudden, anything that uses important log-in sections on my site don't seem to be working, and I am getting a Server error 500 upon each of said pages.

I can log into the main site using the log-in section, but I can't access the admin control panel without errors, and my forums are now completely useless.

My account has *not* been compromised, but leads me to believe Bluehost has changed my site to another server, and hasn't configured it properly. I really have no idea though.

Any ideas of what I can do to make sure it's not me?

EDIT: Okay, after four hours of messing around with TEN different technical support members via live chat, they've finally admitted that they're doing an upgrade to the apache. No prior warnings, and I didn't even get a 'Yes, we're updating' the first time I asked! Ridiculous. Ah well, 4 AM, bed time. :P

You can close this now.

EricJ
07-13-2009, 08:27 PM
If it is still having problems after they get done recompiling apache, reinstall your php.ini.. works lots.. also, don't use fastcgi (even if it has worked for you in the past).. Unless your application specifically says in it's release notes that it NEEDS fastcgi, there is no reason to use it, causes lots of problems..

PS> Make sure you backup your previous php.ini before you install your new one.. (it's easy, just rename it to php.ini.old :D)..