PDA

View Full Version : Switch from GoDaddy to here

kaskudoo
10-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Hi folks,

I am switching from GoDaddy to Bluehost.
I have hosted the domainname as well as email accounts on GoDaddy. I would like to move everything here, just because it is easier to overlook ....
So, I already uploaded my page to the ftp space and still rewrite stuff, so that it works on here. However, I don't really understand the way my domain gets transfered - more importantly how the email will be transfered and received here.
Over at GoDaddy, they have a fairly simple overview of things and you can check it all out in nice colorful pages. Here there is cpanel - which is not bad, but a little confusing at times. I am transferring a domain right now just to see how it works - but i really have no idea how that works with my main email account. do i first have to transfer the domainname or what?

woz
10-20-2006, 03:24 PM
first you have to point your DNS to bluehost

The Nameservers for Bluehost.com are:

ns1.bluehost.com 209.63.57.200
ns2.bluehost.com 70.96.188.2

You need to contact your Registrar (the company you bought your domain name from). And let them know you need to change your name servers to the ones listed above. Most registrars allow you to make the changes yourself online. If you know your login and username to their site make the changes yourself and 24 to 48 hours later the domain name will be pointing to your Bluehost.com account. You may have an email from your registrar from when you first bought the domain name. This usually contains the information needed to change the name servers, or just give them a call.

kaskudoo
10-21-2006, 06:25 AM
thanks a lot - i thinki know already where to change it on my registrars pages - your post definetly clarified it though :)