PDA

View Full Version : use bluehost as a backup

matt22
12-10-2006, 03:59 PM
i would like to use bluehost as a backup, so i have added 2 dns servers from bluehost to my domain name (so now has 4 total), but when i tried to "addon domain" to my bluehost account it says:

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: xxxxxxx.xxxxxx Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Removed Entry from httpd.conf The subdomain, xxxx has been removed.

xxx.com could not be setup. The subdomain xxx.com was not setup either.

I added nameservers like 1 hour ago.

Mazzic
12-10-2006, 06:35 PM
When adding a domain to Bluehost they want to be the DNS servers. So remove the other servers from your domain name to add the domain.

Bluehost doesn't seem themselves as backup DNS servers. They are meant to be the DNS servers for your domain name.

On one of my domains, after I added the domain, I reverted my DNS servers back to a third party and added the various records that I required for operation. Namely because I tired of having to contact Bluehost when I wanted to add or remove "extra" host names that are not part of the normal web/mail hosting.