PDA

View Full Version : need urgent help- my site would not load

shoval
07-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Last few days my site ( which is basically a landing page with google ads, news, articles) would not load because the server takes so long to connect to external RSS ( for news, articles) that page freeze and would not load.
My webmaster says the script is ok, and this is only a server problem.
I wonder though, because it used to work fine until few days ago.
Called bluehost support and they could not help. Before I transfer to another host, thought I would ask here for advice.

Thanks

digitechnix
07-04-2007, 09:30 AM
My site in general is being very sluggish :confused: and its been like that for the last few hours. Sometimes it wouldn't even load. I hope this is a temporary thing, because I was working on a project on my site, and really needed it to cooperate :mad: Also is it me or is the Live Chat feature now taken off? I really hope that this is a temporary thing too. Or did they purposely remove the Live Chat feature because of these downtimes? :confused:

shoval
07-04-2007, 10:13 AM
My site in general is being very sluggish :confused: and its been like that for the last few hours. Sometimes it wouldn't even load. I hope this is a temporary thing, because I was working on a project on my site, and really needed it to cooperate :mad: Also is it me or is the Live Chat feature now taken off? I really hope that this is a temporary thing too. Or did they purposely remove the Live Chat feature because of these downtimes? :confused:
I do not think its temporary, because mine has doing this for alost a week now. One webmaster told me bluehost server are not good for connecting to external sites for getting RSS and that I should move to another host, but am not sure yet.

charlesgan
07-04-2007, 11:03 AM
you might need to check either fastcgi had been turned ON.
some user reports that certain script not work on fastcgi.

check the php version and make sure its compatible with your current script

wallaceb
07-04-2007, 12:02 PM
currently my site has been running fine for the last few days.but before that the site did run slow, however, the pages still loaded

shoval
07-05-2007, 03:58 AM
My site includes Yahoo news RSS, but for some reason bluehost cannot connect and load most times

VMS
07-05-2007, 04:36 AM
I've no problems getting RSS news for my site from several sources. Also, my PHP script smothly leeches new posting headers from external forum. So, I'm in doubt that the root of your problems is bluehost. I've FastCGI switched on.