Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: box277 down?

Default box277 down?

Anyone else offline on box277? Here's my chat with support... Please note that I'm getting the silent treatment about the problem. Who does maintenance during regular business hours?!! When I press for a reason, the support guy starts ignoring me!!!! Timestamp is EST.

Cristian [11:26:10 AM]: I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but the server is currently undergoing some file system maintenance. The admins are currently working on this issue and, while it has taken longer than initially expected, they currently estimate about 1 hour before they have it back up.

Dave [11:26:58 AM]: thats what you guys said an hour ago

Cristian [11:28:19 AM]: Unfortunately, with these types of issues its hard to give an exact time - we can estimate a time

Dave [11:28:37 AM]: what is the issue?

[11:36:06 AM]: Can you tell me why our system is down?

[11:44:28 AM]: Anyone there?

ijump Guest

i'm also down.

i've spoken with them several times. they were very polite but not helpful.

i first noticed last night around 7:30 est. it (serverstatus.bluehost.com) said rebooting because they were installing a new kernel. now, it appears to be a complete mess. eta 4 hours, eta 1 hour, eta 2 hours.

ironically, i am finally setting up an online store and this has me extremely discouraged. i may have to look for a hoster that provides replication so that there is 100% percent uptime.

Steve- Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize it had been down since last night. I'm pretty confident the maintenance excuse is pure BS.

What I don't understand is why they don't just load a backup onto a new box and get us back online that way?

That has to be easier than making users suffer while they troubleshoot? Am I missing something here?

Dave

box 108 is down too. :(

For how long Joe?

Since last night (GMT)

Yeah, I'm on 277, too. This is intolerable. I've called, done the live help, and no one seems to know what the issue is.

There is an outage on my site at least once a week, and a multiple-hour one about once a month. This can't be normal, right? Is this box a problem child? Or this is par for Bluehost?

This latest outage has been 15+ hours, and I am expecting some extremely important emails. (in fact, I tried to register on this forum, but since you need your email to complete registration, I had to set up a dummy account using a bogus email!)

All we can do is wait, I guess. Here's a question for you all which I forgot to ask support:

I can't access my site or email, but what happens to incoming emails during this period? Will they be waiting for me there when I get access back? Or will they disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by jw123456 View Post
    Yeah, I'm on 277, too. This is intolerable. I've called, done the live help, and no one seems to know what the issue is.

There is an outage on my site at least once a week, and a multiple-hour one about once a month. This can't be normal, right? Is this box a problem child? Or this is par for Bluehost?

This latest outage has been 15+ hours, and I am expecting some extremely important emails. (in fact, I tried to register on this forum, but since you need your email to complete registration, I had to set up a dummy account using a bogus email!)

All we can do is wait, I guess. Here's a question for you all which I forgot to ask support:

I can't access my site or email, but what happens to incoming emails during this period? Will they be waiting for me there when I get access back? Or will they disappear?
    You might want to consider Google Apps for your email. www.google.com/a.

The way email works you shouldn't start losing any emails until your site has been down for at least four days.

I'm also on box 277 and as everyone else, I can't access my site. I tried contacting BlueHost using LiveChat, but as always, it didn't help. As far as I know, it's been down for at least 16 hours.

And as jw123456, my site goes down at least once a week (as expected, as we're on the same box). And everytime that it happens, my database gets corrupted.

I'll probably start looking for another host, as it's impossible to have any decent service here.