Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: box277 down?

My problem on 108 is my first.

The Bluehost staff probably has a really full plate right now. Box 108 was hacked this weekend (sometime Saturday evening I believe). When I called Sunday morning they were in the process of restoring 108 back-up data to a different server. I was told over the phone early on Sunday that they were still working out how the hack occurred, amidst the efforts to set up a different box for 108. Perhaps, something happened to box 277 related to the 108 issues?

On anothe note, I can understand how frustrated you guys are because my sites/e-mail/etc. are also down right. I also know how hard it can be to get a problem fixed, while trying to field customer service contacts. Pile on the hunt for how this happened, and regular Monday morning business... I feel for anyone in this sort of cluster-f$#%.

I know folks don't want to hear this, however, I'm sure Bluehost would appreciate us being patient for a little while longer while they get reliable/safeguarded service restored. This is the first problem of the sort that I've experienced in my 2 years or so with Bluehost. They've been pretty darned good about keeping the train on the tracks.
    Last edited by Aiki_puncturist; 02-11-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by computerjoe View Post
    You might want to consider Google Apps for your email. www.google.com/a.
    And have google data mining my emails to place targeted ads? No thanks. And besides, that doesn't help me now, does it?

The way email works you shouldn't start losing any emails until your site has been down for at least four days.
    Thanks, that puts my mind at ease, for another day or so that is. ;-)

Melancholy Guest

It's not the first time that my site goes offline, bluehost is offering a really bad service. I'm in box 277 too, at least 3 times a month I have problems with the host...

I'll probably ask for the money I paid for the next months and pick a decent server. Bluehost is just TOO BAD.

ps: Something like 16/17 hours offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiki_puncturist View Post
    , I'm sure Bluehost would appreciate us being patient for a little while longer while they get reliable/safeguarded service restored.
    This is the exact attitude that I had the last 5 or 6 times this happened. I know our whining isn't going to get things fixed any faster, but that doesn't mean that this isn't totally unacceptable.

This is the first problem of the sort that I've experienced in my 2 years or so with Bluehost.
    Well, you have had a different experience, then, don't you? Wait until this happens to you next month or next week even. :D

Melancholy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jw123456 View Post
    Well, you have had a different experience, then, don't you? Wait until this happens to you next month or next week even. :D
    Well said.
    In something like 4 months I have experienced maaaany problems with blue host, sometimes the site just goes down for no reason. :rolleyes:

Bad, really bad service.

Do you guys know some good hosts?

dreamhost.. lunarpages..

Melancholy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    dreamhost.. lunarpages..
    I'll take a look thanks, I can't pay for a host that is always making my site go offline. I'd better get a free one, as I'm paying for this crap service.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholy View Post
    I'll probably ask for the money I paid for the next months and pick a decent server. Bluehost is just TOO BAD.
    I'll probably do that too. Anyone knows how it works for international customers?

As for some good hosts, Basil said Dreamhost. I've read some bad reviews about Dreamhost, even though I also know there are people satisfied with their service. I host another site with JaguarPC and their support is really good and their uptime seems nice too (but I don't monitor it as much as I do with BlueHost). If I don't find any other better host, I'll probably stick with JaguarPC.

ijump Guest

just curious. how many accounts on each box? does anyone know how many are on box277?