Thread: Im such a noob.....

Default Im such a noob.....

Okay, so I just purchased my domain today and am trying to upload my files. I uploaded one page to the public_html folder (images and all) and when i visit my website, all i see is the index page. The page looks like this:

Index of /
    IMG_0015.JPG
    Periwinkle Lane Home.wbs
    cgi-bin/
    peri lane logo 3.jpg

Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.periwinklelanebags.com Port 80

Im so lost, why doesnt it just look like a webpage? Am I missing something? Any help would be great !!!!
    Sam:confused:

Your home page should be called index.html - did you upload that?

Oh you are a saint!! Okay, so that kinda worked, i published it locally to my c drive with the webbuilding software that i have then uploaded it to the public_html file. My only problem is that the page is showing up now great, except without the pictures. Is there a trick to that as well? Thank you sooooo much for your help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sambina View Post
    Oh you are a saint!! Okay, so that kinda worked, i published it locally to my c drive with the webbuilding software that i have then uploaded it to the public_html file. My only problem is that the page is showing up now great, except without the pictures. Is there a trick to that as well? Thank you sooooo much for your help!!!!
    Does the upper/lower case spelling of the names in your HTML file match the names as they appear in the directory? (I'm not sure whether or not embedded spaces are permitted in file names so I avoid using them.)

Quote Originally Posted by sambina View Post
    Hi,

your images are sitting in your root folder (public_html) instead of the images folder. See here: http://www.periwinklelanebags.com/IMG_0015.JPG
    You need to move those images into your images folder :D

OMG, thank you all for the info, I created the images folder, moved them over and VOILA!!!! This is all so new to me, hopefully one day I'll be able to help someone out like you guys have helped me!!! I really appreciate it!!! Now off to frustruating myself even more with more pages to create.......:D