Thread: Cancelling Bluehost

Default Cancelling Bluehost

Hi, has anyone here tried cancelling for refund? How long does it take for them to reply? No one is replying me and the days are ticking away...:(

Early Out is offline Former Moderator, Still Respected

Call them on the phone, or use Live Chat (during normal business hours).

I've tried different time of the day...seems like only 'sales' and 'support' are always on.

Early Out is offline Former Moderator, Still Respected

"Sales" is what you want.

Default Cancelling Bluehost

I'm also canceling Bluehost because they took my sites offline because I had stored backups of my websites and databases. I'm not sure what unlimited means to them but there is some limit. I'd also like a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by ajsloan View Post
    I'm also canceling Bluehost because they took my sites offline because I had stored backups of my websites and databases. I'm not sure what unlimited means to them but there is some limit. I'd also like a refund.
    Storing backups violates the Bluehost's Terms of Service. "Unlimited" refers to unlimited website file storage, not unlimited general storage.

See item 7 at http://www.bluehost.com/cgi/info/terms.html

Any backups that you do should be downloaded and stored somewhere other than on the server. After all, backups are done to prevent data loss if the server fails. What sense does it make to store the backup on the server that you're protecting yourself from failing?

Quote Originally Posted by ajsloan View Post
    Just remember that this is a user-to-user forum - you need to contact BH directly.
    redsox9 - Go Red Sox!!! 2004 and 2007 World Series Champions!
    Visit FenwayFanatics.com, home to Boston Red Sox baseball fans everywhere... now on Facebook and Twitter!