Thread: HELP! Horde Mail with Outlook 2007

Cool HELP! Horde Mail with Outlook 2007

I've been trying to load my Horde mail into Outlook 2007 but I haven't had much luck. Is it at all possible? If so, what are the incoming and outgoing server settings?

Please do not post the same question in multiple threads.

Are you simply trying to download what you have saved in Horde to Outlook?
    redsox9 - Go Red Sox!!! 2004 and 2007 World Series Champions!
    Visit FenwayFanatics.com, home to Boston Red Sox baseball fans everywhere... now on Facebook and Twitter!

Early Out is offline Former Moderator, Still Respected

Horde (and Squirrel and Roundcube) are simply showing you the messages that are sitting on the mail server. If you want to move them to an email client program like Outlook, which stores the messages on your PC instead, just configure the client program and let it download the messages.

Head for the tutorials, choose Video Tutorials, Mail Programs, Using Outlook 2007.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Early out - Despite all my efforts and your advice, I haven't been able to configure my outlook 2007 correctly to work with my Horde mail client. I'm sure it can not be as difficult as I assume it to beÖ. I currently have 3 email accounts loaded in to outlook and this nonsense webmail is the only one I have a problem with.

What I need to know is the horde mail incoming and outgoing settings to use in outlook 2007; I want to be able to send and recieve my horde mail via outlook 2007. For instance, my aol account settings for outlook are as follows

Incoming: imap.aol.com
    Outgoing: smtp.aol.com

I've tried a series of combinations, pop, imap...

Any help is much appreciated!

Best,
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by SarBear View Post
    What I need to know is the horde mail incoming and outgoing settings to use in outlook 2007;
    Horde and Outlook are alternative products for accessing your mail. Both simply access the mail from your mailserver and whether you sometimes use Horde or not has no effect whatever on the configuration for Outlook.

The setting for reading your mail in Outlook needs to be set to point to the email account on the mail server where the account is stored. Unless that email account is on AOL it will not be imap.aol.com.
    Last edited by felgall; 03-31-2009 at 01:34 PM.

You're still not understanding the difference between a webmail application like Horde and an email client program like Outlook. You don't use one to access the other - they are just two different ways of accessing your BH email.

Messages addressed to you land on the BH mail server. You can either run Outlook and download those messages to your PC, or you can go in through a webmail program like Horde and look at the messages that are sitting on the server (without bringing them down to your PC).

The video tutorial for Outlook 2007 (link above) lays it out more clearly than I ever could, but it's very, very, very simple. It's a POP account, the incoming and outgoing servers are both mail.example.com (where example.com would be your domain name), the ports are 110 incoming and 25 or 26 outgoing (use 26 if your ISP blocks port 25, which many do), the username is youremail@example.com (whatever email address you've set up), and the password is whatever password you put on the email account when you created it. The outgoing server needs to use user authentication (but not any sort of secure password authentication).

Angry

Thank you for your help. Although, I didn't know that Outlook and Horde did the same thing... according to the very easy demonstration (thank you early out) I am doing everything correct and still running in to the same problem.

Let me explain what happens when I try to load my example@mydomain.com on to Outlook 2007.... I donít get a failure on the test messages... I get a pop up box that asks me for my user name and password OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN (mind you, I have checked the 'remember my password' box.....) I enter my info again, click okay, the box closes, and then the box opens again after 4-5 seconds, asking me for my user name and password again and again :confused: The test message will continue to pend on the screen while this is going on... I have the correct password.

This pop up box will haunt me while I'm sleeping tonight...

Thank you again.

First, try deleting the account in Outlook, close Outlook, launch it again, and set it up as a new account. Be very careful entering the information. Small typos will leave you dead in the water. And remember that passwords are case-sensitive.

Second, don't bother with the "test" function in Outlook - it often fails for no particular reason. Just try sending yourself a message.