Thread: Moderated Posts

Early Out is offline Former Moderator, Still Respected

Default Moderated Posts

The forum admins (the moderators don't actually administer the vBulletin software) have turned on the "post moderation" feature. The software examines new posts, and if it believes that the post might be spam, it won't display it until it has been approved by a moderator.

The criteria used by the filter are, like those of all spam filters, mysterious and often inexplicable. For example, it seems to be very sensitive to posts that have certain kinds of links in them. Given that this is a forum about web hosting, that means it will be a little over-sensitive. So, if your post is held for "moderation," don't take it personally!

The moderators will deal with these as quickly as possible. If your post doesn't appear immediately, however, please don't just resubmit it, since it will end up back in the same moderation queue.

This may produce some annoyance, but the mods currently spend an inordinate amount of time "taking out the garbage," so this may help.
    Last edited by Early Out; 05-28-2009 at 03:59 AM.

Chasing the Holy Grail - Pacific Northwest

I am bumping this thread to the top to be visible again, and there have been quite a few posts and/or threads go to moderation lately that should have been valid. Why - I don't know - Who's on first?

Short "me too" threads seem to make it there, threads with numerous links, things that look like spam to the system. I've seen short posts by some of our members with 500+ posts get snagged by the system.

When you post, there is a little blurb that comes up somewhere that says something about moderation. If you don't see your post right away, wait for it to get approved - don't keep posting the same thing. That just makes more work for us to sort things out. One of the mods will eventually find it and approve it.

Thanks for reading, and for your patience and understanding with this.
    In the Hyperion universe, a farcaster is an instantaneous transportation device.
    Experience: The thing you get just after you need it.

Chasing the Holy Grail - Pacific Northwest

Bump so newer members will see this...
    In the Hyperion universe, a farcaster is an instantaneous transportation device.
    Experience: The thing you get just after you need it.