Thread: How do I upload and publish a PDF?

Default How do I upload and publish a PDF?

Hello,

I was wondering what is the best way to upload and publish a PDF file to my website on Bluehost. I have tried FTP and file manager. I can manage to upload a file but I cannot figure out the actual link to the file to see it on the web. Is there anything that shows the actual URL link to files uploaded or folders created?

I also have Wordrpess loaded and a theme because i wanted to avoid building a website from scratch. Something simple and easy but for the life of me I can't figure out how add anoter page on my site I can link to. I can't even get a folder or file I created using FTP to show up on the web to create a blank page other then my default page.

Here is what I want to do I want to create a page that opens as a PDF ebook that I can post a link to from my main page. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Early Out is offline Former Moderator, Still Respected

There's nothing unique or strange about a PDF file. You upload it and link to it the same way you upload and link to any file. Say your domain is example.com. You upload mydog.pdf to the public_html directory - this is where any file must be placed, if it's going to be visible to the outside world, either in public_html, or in a subdirectory of public_html.

If you upload mydog.pdf to public_html, the link to it is http://example.com/mydog.pdf. If you upload mydog.pdf to public_html/somefiles, the link is http://example.com/somefiles/mydog.pdf. That's really all there is to it.

Thank you so much! That worked, I figured it was something simple like that I just didn't know where to put it I guess. My brain is on hold this evening... :D