Thread: “The service is unavailable.” Magento admin links

Hybrid View

Default “The service is unavailable.” Magento admin links

Hi,

I installed Magento without any error and every permission and step described under official installation guide I followed. When the installation finished, I can see that Front end is working fine and when I go to back end(Admin panel), I can login fine and dashboard is displaying BUT when I click on any link like Sales > Orders the page says “The service is unavailable.” and this is same hapenning with almost all links of Admin panel.

Also, there are very few links which are working like Category List. This seems to be really strange.

I am using IIS7.5 and every setting seems to be fine as some other PHP sites are working very fine.

Can someone please help.

Regards,
    Faraz H. Khan

Chasing the Holy Grail - Pacific Northwest

What system/host are you working with?

If it's a hosting service providing these services, then you need to ask them for advice and guidance. The systems at Bluehost are running Linux exclusively, and not Windows.

If you are dealing with a system at your home, then you would probably benefit better with advice from the Magento web site.
    In the Hyperion universe, a farcaster is an instantaneous transportation device.
    Experience: The thing you get just after you need it.

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Yes, it is my in house server for testing. I have also posted the same thing at Magento official forums but it's really very hard to get answer there. Let's hope.

Regards,
    Faraz H. Khan

Hi,

Finally got it working. In my case the issue was with some kind of Zend cache! I simply went to \magento\lib\Zend\Cache\Backend\File.php and changed the

'cache_dir' => null,

to

'cache_dir' => 'tmp/',

Before doing it, I created folder named tmp under root of my website given IUSR writing permission.

Also, URL rewriting is working like charm under IIS 7.5 as well, I simply added a single rule under URL_Rewrite module to forward * incomming to index.php and everything is sorted.

This is my web.config in case any one need:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <configuration>
    <system.webServer>
    <rewrite>
    <rules>
    <rule name="MYRule” stopProcessing="true">
    <match url=".*" ignoreCase="false"/>
    <conditions>
    <add input="{URL}" pattern="^/(media|skin|js)/" ignoreCase="false" negate="true" />
    <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true" />
    <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true" />
    </conditions>
    <action type="Rewrite" url="index.php" />
    </rule>
    </rules>
    </rewrite>
    </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

Regards,
    Faraz H. Khan

Hey Farazhkhan,

Just wanted to remind you that Bluehost doesn't have any windows servers. I wanted to make sure you weren't testing this on your home windows server and then trying to transfer it to your bluehost account. It might work, as long as you don't have any windows specific configurations and update your path's correctly, but I just wanted to give you a heads up about it anyways.

Default “The service is unavailable ” Magento admin links

Rules are simple I give 1 word, and you have to post a song that you can associate with that word, then you give the next word.

Also explain why you associate it if its not obvious

First word ; Monk