Thread: EZSitemove.com

Default EZSitemove.com

Folks, I was somehow referred to EZSiteMove.com. I don't recall if that was with a Blue Host recommendation or not. However, I think our customers need to hear some feedback from someone who is not oriented towards getting on the soapbox.

I submitted a request on Thursday night before Memorial Day weekend. I was very clear about there being a one hour limit to their work because I could not afford more than that. I am a Senior after all. I described what I wanted done to address no echoing of output after the MySQL query. The programmer spent a good 45 minutes resolving something that was never broken, then when I corrected his understanding, he proceeded to change the password to my database, and locked out all authentications. Further, when he stopped work, he left for the weekend without so much as a note saying that they would pick up on it after the holiday weekend. I fixed the authentication module.

In fact, with some additional work, and a PHP command I had never used, I was able to resolve the problem. After explaining all of this to a second person at the company, he charged me anyway. I had to change the password to my cpanel to keep them away from my site. It's a shame this was such a poor customer experience. Be careful if you hook up with ezsitemove.com. Clearly, at least one of the programmers there is a rookie.
    :confused::mad:

Oh and I forgot, they said their resolution was a change to the echo command. The only way that could be true is if they used ISSET with $_session.

Most companies will charge you upfront (like bluehost) before they do the actual work. It's probably what happened in your case. I've always heard good things about ezsitemove.com. Try writing in to their billing department to ask for a refund if you weren't happy with the service.

Thanks very much for the suggestion.
    N

Default Thank You # 2

I've contacted their billing link and referred them to my ticket. We shall see what happens. I'll update this post with the outcome.

N

Wink reason prevails

Billing and I mutually agreed that 50% refund woild be fair to all.

Too bad the programming guy never considered referrin me to billing. That would have eliminated needless discourse.

Thanks again to the forum person who suggested that route.

N

Great news! And you're welcome! I'm glad everything worked out well for you. Like I said, I've heard nothing but good things about ezsitemove.com before. I knew they were professionals with website migrations but I didn't know they did custom programming too, that's good to know!