Thread: "Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."

Smile "Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."

Some of you may recognize that quote; it comes from the film Dead Poets Society and is spoken by John Keating, as played by actor Robin Williams, to the class he is teaching at the fictitious Welton Academy in Vermont in 1959.

Being a BH forum moderator is just one chance that I've had to "seize the day." I was offered the position here over four years ago and I have never regretted my decision to accept the responsibility. In all aspects, it has been a positive experience, one that has allowed me to grow my own knowledge while helping many of you. I've also been fortunate to make many new friends here, which has only sweetened the pot. Has it been extraordinary? Well, I don't have enough material to write a New York Times bestseller that would allow me to retire comfortably but, without question, it's been unique and memorable!

However, between my day job, my family, and my other obligations, the time has come for me to realize that I no longer have the bandwidth to support this role. Therefore, my efforts as a moderator here will come to an end soon. In no particular order, I'd like to thank the following people: alligosh, for giving me this opportunity, and the moderators with whom I've shared this responsibility, which includes Early Out, felgall, farcaster, and Bob Barr. Of course, I'd also like to offer my thanks to the other forum members with whom I've become familiar, too many to name here.

All the best to everyone, whatever future lies before you.
    redsox9 - Go Red Sox!!! 2004 and 2007 World Series Champions!
    Visit FenwayFanatics.com, home to Boston Red Sox baseball fans everywhere... now on Facebook and Twitter!

Chasing the Holy Grail - Pacific Northwest

Great quote - and great movie! Later in the conversation: "Thank you for playing Mr. Dalton. I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way." Which is pretty much the way we had to handle moderating.

I wish you well in your future, especially with the family and the new house. Stay in touch.

And thanks for the thanks.

Thank you.
    In the Hyperion universe, a farcaster is an instantaneous transportation device.
    Experience: The thing you get just after you need it.

Thanks, Barry! Will do...

An even better quote that defines what our roles here have been.
    redsox9 - Go Red Sox!!! 2004 and 2007 World Series Champions!
    Visit FenwayFanatics.com, home to Boston Red Sox baseball fans everywhere... now on Facebook and Twitter!