Thread: I Need Some Advise/Help

Default I Need Some Advise/Help

I've been a customer of Bluehost for just over a year now and have been working on designing my Website using iMac's - iWeb.

It has some fairly decent templates and is easy to use - I'm almost a complete novice when it come to designing website - although I've managed to pick up a bit of HTML comprehension and even a little writing along the way - but nothing that would produce a respectable Website.

I would like to find an easy to use Web Design Software package (in a moderate price range) that will work within Bluehost (and perhaps allow me to do some HTML code myself - as I learn).

I have both a Windows PC - running Windows 7 and an Apple iMac running Snow Leopard so either O/S is accessible.

Don't know if I'm asking the right questions, in the right place but I would like to design & publish my own Website and really need some good advise as to how/what program(s) will allow me to achieve this?

I will appreciate any help or direction anyone can provide. :p

I'm in a similar situation (Mac user, Bluehost customer for a year) and I'm using Dreamweaver to redesign my site. It's not cheap, but I got it as part of the Creative Suite package with the apps I use anyway. I think you can download a 30-day trial copy, to see if you like it.

Also, Adobe has some great video tutorials -- take a look: http://tv.adobe.com/

Good luck!

Default I Need Some Advise/Help

Same already discussed recently

This might be unwanted advice but in case you're not aware, you don't need software to design or produce your website --you can do it yourself with Notepad and the most basic html skills. And you can include any functionality you want by adding scripts as required. I recommend the book, HTML 4, by Holzschlag, and CSS by McFarland. I prefer to design my websites myself because when changes are necessary, it's easier to make them. Plus, since your site is unique, it's safer from hackers looking for known vulnerabilities of software like Wordpress.

hello......

M also used Dreamweaver to create something new from the old one. It is very easy to use..........

hello......

M also used Dreamweaver to create something new from the old one. It is very easy to use..........