Thread: EnsigniaMail taking over/replacing SquirrelMail?

Question EnsigniaMail taking over/replacing SquirrelMail?

This may be a non-issue and just may be updates being made on my site...BUT...I also wonder if there are some security or other issues at play here.

Yesterday, all of a sudden while I was connected to my email, I no longer saw the general email layout for SquirrelMail...it had been updated/replaced by EnsigniaMail, with a "Webmail" logo in upper left. I checked out my other email accounts on other BlueHost-hosted sites but they are all still in standard SquirrelMail. I checked out the Forum here, the SquirrelMail developer's site (also the developer of RoundCube, Ensignia, etc.), and general searches and found absolutely nothing.

Is anyone else seeing this happen on their email system?

Noticed this too. Liked SquirrelMail for it's pure simplicy. I don't need another Outlook-looking client with bells and whistles :(

I've been complaining about SSL-based email since Tuesday....something's going on with some of the servers. I did received the following though in regards to the server I'm on:

We're pleased to inform you that your server will be undergoing a major software
    upgrade, from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6, within the next 48 hours.

This upgrade includes newer software packages (including Python, Perl and gcc), as
    well as all the security and performance benefits that come along with CentOS 6. In
    addition to this, the server will be redeployed with a different file system type
    simultaneously, further increasing performance.

Although a bulk of the upgrades to your server are being done with it online and
    functional, in order to safely finalize these changes our Administrators will need
    to temporarily take your server offline in the early morning hours. Barring any
    extenuating circumstances this outage should only last about 2 hours.

Please note that while we do not anticipate your software having problems
    post-update, it may be required to re-compile any module(s) you are using to take
    advantage of the newer included libraries. We suggest reviewing your site afterward
    to verify that it is functioning as it should.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.

Bluehost Support

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalRaven View Post
    Noticed this too. Liked SquirrelMail for it's pure simplicy. I don't need another Outlook-looking client with bells and whistles :(

I absolutely, 100% agree. The ability to revert to the previous interface should be an option. I find the EnsigniaMail UI to be rather poor in terms of readability and navigation.

I have about 50 users with email accounts. Many preferred Squirrel for its simplicity as has been said above. I opened a help ticket on the question, and was basically told, you'll have to use the EnsigniaMail skin from this point forward. I agree that it should be optional.

You can install SquirrelMail yourself. I am considering doing it because I also likes SM the best and can't get into any of the offered choices:
    http://squirrelmail.org/download.php
    Matt

My life can be summed up in one word, "indescribable".

Quote Originally Posted by djmatt View Post
    You can install SquirrelMail yourself. I am considering doing it because I also likes SM the best and can't get into any of the offered choices:
    http://squirrelmail.org/download.php

I would be very interested to learn how you can install your own version of SqirrelMail on Bluehost's servers. Please post if/when you get it up and working.

I love EnsigniaMail.
    I think it can be highly configurable and therefore making it simple if desired (remove the news and stuff like that)
    Plus I just found out the "Archive" function.
    Before to save my email I had to do a lot of steps!!!

Squirrelmail was becoming a little bit "rusty" and old for me...

I am extremely happy with it....

Ir