Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluehost servers listed as SPAM SERVERS

I've been having problems with this as well. Problem is that I have well over 20 different bluehost accounts :(
    This has happened a few times to me actually.
    Im considering just migrating all mail to gmail - even though they have pretty horrible support.

I will say that BH does seem to get this straightened out quickly when it does happen.

I've been getting this for weeks now and it's driving me nuts. I'm afraid I'm really not interested in Bluehost's suggestion of diverting my emails via Google. And I can't seem to get any sense for WHY this is happening. Very frustrating.

I am having this same problem for already a month now, SpamCop says they contacted BH and problem was solved, SpamCop took the IP to white list and then put it back in Blacklist because spam started strait away.

One of my clients is a restaurant and he is running 2 websites, they have a reservation system build by us that send automatic email when a client makes reservation, to confirm the reservation with info about date, time and number of ppl, so nothing close to Spam.

This is becoming really bad for my business and for their business, (Michelin star restaurant).

BH keeps saying they fixe it but SpamCop keeps adding the IP to Blacklist. If this continues i will be forced to move my 15 domains away.

I've had this several times over the last few months. Bluehost always recommends I send email through my ISP email account to get around it. If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have to pay Bluehost, now would I? For those who have been posting that they think it may be something in the way their email is constructed, it's not. You have (probably) done nothing to cause your problems. It's the outbound mail proxy that's being listed on RBLs. Since all outbound email from Bluehost accounts passes through Bluehost's outbound mail proxy, including that from accounts with fixed IP addresses, if anyone sends SPAM (intentionally or unintentionally) , we all get blocked. The problem is that Bluehost hasn't found a way to keep customers from sending SPAM. Some jokers sign up, send a bunch of SPAM, Bluehost blocks them, and they just sign up under a different name and do it again. But, the damage is done and we're all affected by the RBL entry.

I'm getting really p^&&$ off and am thinking of moving to a hosting company where my mail goes out through my fixed IP address and I'm not affected by the actions of others. Sorry Bluehost, when you are in your business, you have to be able to deal with this problem. Repeated apologies to customers over it do not solve the problem. How about routing long-term customers through different proxies so we aren't affected by the actions of the here today, somewhere else tomorrow SPAMMERS?

Did that and got reply alright but still having same problem!

It seems like top rated hosting providers ones they get enough clients start to be floppy at the work!!

I came to Bluehost 5 years ago from Lunarpages, when I started with Lunarpages they were rated 1, after 4-5 years they started to loose the grip.

Bluehost was first rated 5 years ago, now they are 9 and badly rated as cheap hosting. I guess this is the begining of the the end.

Maybe it is time to move on :-(

I wonder if this is because it appears to be easy (for some reason) to spoof email accounts hosted on BH servers. I do not know why this would be, but everyone of my email accounts and my clients' email accounts seem to get spoofed regularly even though I pay additional for spam protection. I do not think this prevents addresses from getting spoofed by others. I have email accounts with other companies that this never seems to happen with. The reason I say that the accounts get spoofed is because I receive junk and spam email from myself and I know for a fact that I am not sending out junk and spam to anyone let alone sending it to myself.

I guess time to change IP addresses.
    Buy private IP for your domain, should help :confused:

I hear ya.... I moved all my mail features to gmail. Highly recommend you do that to avoid the other issues like # of file limits. every email counts against the total # of files. My domain was getting bombarded with spam which went automatically into spam folders but I started getting harassed with the limit when they first imposed 50K files. :)

I have had the same problem with some domins, If this state does not change early we will have to move our domain and hostings

Quote Originally Posted by dpeinador View Post
    I have had the same problem with some domains, If this state does not change early we will have to move our domain and hostings
    Seriously guys, Let Gmail host your domains email service.... You having nothing to lose and gain all the features of Google to your domains email services for free.