Thread: My bi-annual question about photo storage

Default My bi-annual question about photo storage

(I am assuming that bi-annual means every two years??) I have a variety of friends that use a variety of networking devices - Facebook, WordPress, Twitter, Yahoo, etc One of my biggest struggles is to find ways to share photos with all of my friends. Pasting links in posts is not bad but does not give the same impression as posting the actual photo. Which of the BH photo album programs has the most "useability" across all of these platforms - maybe some that I don't even know about yet. It would be nice if some international non-profit organization with a really long acronym would come up with a universal file format and storage protocol that would make this task easier.

Zenphoto is a great script you can try on self hosting. But if you are truly looking for a great app to share, Look for instagram (Got acquired yesterday by Facebook for $ 1 billion - Yeah thats the amount :P). I have used smugmug before & like it too..

Thanks! There area lot of good to great scripts for doing photo albums online. What I am looking for is one that can interface with the greatest number of "social networking" sites - FB, Wordpress, Twitter, Linkedin, etc I prefer open source apps because I feel that by using them - and providing feedback and $ - I am helping to make the programs better for everyone. I also like to keep my pics on BH
    Last edited by pengyou; 04-10-2012 at 12:30 AM.