Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BlueHost vs HostMonster

Default BlueHost vs HostMonster

all of us know that hostmonster is a bluehost subsidiary with same plan features except for:
    *unlimited domains

believe or not, the monthly fees there goes down to $4.95 instead of bluehost's monthly fees $6.95

i'd scratching my head trying to find out why there is a gab?
    same servers, same datacenter,same IP ranges,same bandwidth provider ELI/XO, same staff,same CEO

so why is the difference !! :confused:
    Last edited by DaHiA; 01-15-2007 at 03:21 PM.

BH is on better servers and hardware (that's what I've heard, not an official BH answer) and BH users have first priority.
    Unlimited Storage, Unlimited Transfer, Host Unlimited domain names, 1 Free Domain Name
    BlueHost Features | BlueHost Help Desk | Become a BlueHost Affiliate | BlueHost CEO Blog
    (888) 401-4678 | Create a support ticket

I was going to make a thread similar like that but I was afraid bluehost would get mad:o
    {{Old Signature Is Old}}

moderators are wise and reasonable enough to grant us space to run our whatever-discussions :)
    --
    so,as i thought, it's possible that bluehost invests its old equipments for a lower cost and it's okay to cover the expenses of renewals and upgradings

maybe that''s why i found out that hostmonster's boxes have around 600-800 websites at peak while the number jump up to 900-1000+ with bluehost more advanced stuff

i wonder if blue host will kill hostmonster's catch-all emails too or will let it LiVE ! :rolleyes:

No the catch-all on HM will be gone too
    Unlimited Storage, Unlimited Transfer, Host Unlimited domain names, 1 Free Domain Name
    BlueHost Features | BlueHost Help Desk | Become a BlueHost Affiliate | BlueHost CEO Blog
    (888) 401-4678 | Create a support ticket

We also have these competitors
    IX webhosting
    Dot 5 Hosting

Thats all:)
    {{Old Signature Is Old}}

Quote Originally Posted by fedor
    We also have these competitors
    IX webhosting
    Dot 5 Hosting

Thats all:)
    what about those provider? more economic you meant !

Quote Originally Posted by fedor
    I was going to make a thread similar like that but I was afraid bluehost would get mad:o
    They dont get mad they just delete the post, thats what happened last time this discussion was held, one of the reasons I dont post as much as I used to, and why I also signed up with a brand new host and have started moving my sites away. Freedom of speech my A**e!!.

I will probably keep both accounts running, but quite frankly I am very impressed with my new host. And very unimpressed with the decline in Bluehost over the last few months. Bluehost used to be excellent and I really hope they go back to the way they were.

I still say BLUEHOST is the best :)

Quote Originally Posted by Subah
    I still say BLUEHOST is the best :)
    No they used to be the best, but there are better and cheaper around now, but I still hope they go back to how they used to be, thats why Im still waiting around, to see if things improve.