Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: joomla extension install error - file not found

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default joomla extension install error - file not found

    I successfully installed a forum and calendar extension last week, np.

    Then, last night i attempted to install another module, but kept getting this error upon clicking install (i tried installing other modules also):

    Installation file not found:
    /home/diamond9/public_html/uniqueboutiques/administrator/components/com_installer/component/

    This path appears correct.

    So then I went over to a different site i have with bluehost and did a fresh fantastico install of joomla. I again tried to install several extensions (including the forum extension that had worked last week for the other site) but every time i get the error.

    So i tried to do this manually by uploading the com_extenstion folder to the compenent directory, and then adding the folder name to the end of the path to install to - which should also work. But clicking on install button still brought me the same error.

    it seems a config has changed on bluehost servers/fantastico??? i wonder this because i was successful last week and not at all this week even when trying the same proceedure i had been successful at on a totally different site in order to see a difference

    has anyone had this problem before or can any bluehost-joomla user try to do an install themselves and see if get the same problem...

    thanks for curiousity...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of Nonsense
    Posts
    123

    Default

    PM user "Schelly"or at least get her attention on this thread. She's brilliant with Joomla, and very helpful!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default

    thanks for the heads up

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    125

    Thumbs up Thank you Beard!

    Hey Beard, thanks for that -- you've made my week, giving me all that high praise.

    VRWired -- your SE friendly URLs are doing you in. For now, disable whichever SE Friendly url creator you are using, and stop using it in the Joomla configuration as well. Then install your components, etc., then re-enable the SE friendly stuff once again.

    Hope that helps!
    :)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default se friendly disabled

    hmm... i'm sort of confused by this potential solution. I checked the site which i made a fresh fantastico install of joomla and looked at SEO tab of global config and SEF is off.. to make sure, i tested installing an extension again, but still same result:

    Upload new component - Error
    Installation file not found:
    /home/diamond9/public_html/uniqueboutiques/administrator/components/com_installer/component/
    [ Continue ... ]

    I haven't installed any other SE Friendly url creator on either site so not sure this could be a problem... any other ideas or further detail? thanks again

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default Nevermind, I was blind.

    I was a bit idiotic, here. For the record and in case it helps anyone else who could enter this confusion, here's what i was doing wrong:

    I was choosing the package file to install, and then instead of clicking directly to the right on the Upload & Install button, i instead was clicking the button to the lower right (the other button) which says "Install"... :-( Ha! I must of tried to install modules 10 times this way!

    weird that the one time i tried to install manually, it didnt work but I probably clicked the wrong (opposite) button then too... nevertheless, kind of confusing to have two install buttons set right atop one another... but my bad for falling into a zombie zone of continually hitting the wrong one.
    Last edited by vrwired; 05-01-2007 at 07:52 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •