Thread: Joomla contact form not working

Question Joomla contact form not working

My contact form on Joomla is not sending mails to my Google-hosted domain. Instead I get a failure notice in my webmail saying:

Remote host said: 550 <email@email.com>: No thank you rejected: Account Unavailable: Possible Forgery
    Why is contact form trying to send to email@email.com? Joomla users with Google Apps: is your contact form working?

I also installed Zen Cart, and its contact form is working (emails reach my admin account on Google).

PS. My Joomla mail settings are attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One of the support guys setup this test script and I was able to receive email on my google admin account:
    Code:
    <?
    mail("admin@mydomain.com","test from script","test from script on bluehost","From:Administrator<admin@mydomain.com>");
    ?>

It sounds like you didn't change the default under Global Configuration => Mail

You have a lot of options to set including your "Mail From" address.

Quote Originally Posted by siguie View Post
    It sounds like you didn't change the default under Global Configuration => Mail

You have a lot of options to set including your "Mail From" address.
    Appreciate the reply, but I've tried various combinations of settings in that page, and tried two "Mail From" addresses:

admin@mydomain.com (Google hosted)
    mydomain@mydomain.com (BH account)

Both don't work. In comparison for Zen Cart I simply entered admin@mydomain.com and the contact form has no problems whatsoever. :confused: :confused: :confused: