Thread: Anti-Spam Help

Default Anti-Spam Help

We recently signed up for MailFoundry Hosted Anti Spam (not the one offered by BH). Unfortunately, there is a restriction on all BH domains, which don't allow more than 20 simultaneous SMTP connections. The problem is, after our mail is filtered, its sent from either 1 or 2 IP addresses belonging to MailFoundry and if more than 20 connections are sent at once BH starts denying the request and the messages are never delivered.

Does anyone have another suggestion in spam prevention besides installing client software on 15-20 computers.

Thanks,

Yitz

Quote Originally Posted by yitz98 View Post
    We recently signed up for MailFoundry Hosted Anti Spam (not the one offered by BH). Unfortunately, there is a restriction on all BH domains, which don't allow more than 20 simultaneous SMTP connections. The problem is, after our mail is filtered, its sent from either 1 or 2 IP addresses belonging to MailFoundry and if more than 20 connections are sent at once BH starts denying the request and the messages are never delivered.

Does anyone have another suggestion in spam prevention besides installing client software on 15-20 computers.

Thanks,

Yitz
    becareful with sending large volume of email from BH shared hosting server. you might end up in spamming.

basically, you can contact BH support to rise the email sending limit.
    20 connections should be the max, and unlikely can be increase for this one.
    Charles Gan
    www.bluehostreview.org : Bluehost reviews hosted at bluehost:cool:

Instead of sending them all at once why don't you put a delay between requests.

The limit is not on sending mail, as I'm not sending any mail. My domain's mail server has a limit on 20 incoming connections from the same source (IP address). Since all the mail is coming from the anti spam company's servers, I started losing messages.

According to support this limit cannot be changed.

I have no control of how often messages are sent, and I spoke to Mailfoundry and they told me that cannot implement pauses in message sending/releasing.

Yitz

I'd blame mailfoundry they shouldnt be making that many connections at once. you must get a lot of spam to spend $10+ a month on it.
    http://tinylnk.com/ - Professional link shrinking service

yes we do get a lot of spam for some reason. do you have a better option?

You could set up an smtp server on your computer and have them send it to you instead of bluehost, then you could forward the emails one at a time to your bluehost account.

You could even install your own spam filter and not have to pay these people for it.

Well ive never used any spam filters. Isnt spamassassin a good one though? Personally, I dont know. It comes with BH though so might as well give it a try I guess -.-
    http://tinylnk.com/ - Professional link shrinking service