Thread: ImageMagick

Default ImageMagick

I want to install "ImageMagick" on my domain. I asked Help Center witch ver. (I meant release) of ImageMagick was compatible with BlueHost. They informed me that ImageMagick was available at path /usr/bin/convert and the version is 6.0.7. I must be missing something because I have no directory or path that starts with /usr let alone know how to find it. I have installed the PHP program "Gallery2" and it needs the correct path to ImageMagick in order to be configured for it.

The latest Unix Binary Releases available for ImageMagick are:

ImageMagick-6.3.3-3.i386.rpm for Fedora Core 6 i386 RPM
    ImageMagick-6.3.3-3.x86_64.rpm for Fedora Core 6 x86_64 RPM
    ImageMagick-universal-apple-darwin8.8.0.tar.gz for Mac OS X (10.4.?)
    ImageMagick-sparc-sun-solaris2.10.tar.gz for Solaris Sparc 2.10
    ImageMagick-i386-unknown-freebsd6.1.tar.gz for FreeBSD 6.1
    ImageMagick-i686-pc-cygwin.tar.gz for Cygwin

Does anyone know witch release I will need to download and install on my domain to be compatible with BlueHost's version of Linux?

Robin Foss

ImageMagick is already installed on the servers. Use the path they gave you in your Gallery2 configuration script.

I had to install some PHP PEAR Modula's to get the path /usr/bin to work. Nobody said a word about PHP PEAR, I had to figure that out my self. :mad:

adddfico Guest

Are you confusing ImageMagick ( a suite of image processing tools) with Imagick (a php extension to manipulate images using the ImageMagick API) ?

http://pecl.php.net/package/imagick/